Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Freddie Foxxx Reveals Albums With KRS-One, Pete Rock


As Freddie Foxxx prepares to release his 14 year-old relic Crazy Like A Foxxx on Fat Beats Records later this month, the veteran New York emcee and producer revealed to HipHopDX other projects he plans to release.

"I'm doing my Music From The Man series," Foxxx revealed exclusively to DX recently. "I have albums that are just me and one producer. Everybody from me and [DJ] Premier, Pete [Rock] [click to read], Clark Kent, Jesse West. I got Kev Brown, Oddisee [click to read]. I've been recording all these albums. For the last five or six years, I've just been building catalogue. What I decided to, was instead of going to the studio, do an album, drop it, go work the album, I'll forgo that concept, and decided to build my catalogue, knowing that this is an Internet-driven society, musically, at this time." The rapper who sold over 200,000 units of his completely-independent Industry Shakedown release added, "I can create as a feel, but not in a desperation to have something new out at the time. A lot of people drop albums, and they work it, and the music don't last that long right now. I figured, 'Let me drop catalogue.'"


Check Out Full Article @ Hip-Hop DX

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home