Friday, September 5, 2008

Confessions Of A Hip-Hop Journalist


Former editor in chief of the Source magazine Kim Osorio reveals the stories behind the stories from her upcoming book Straight From The Source: An Expose from the Former Editor in Chief of the Hip-Hop Bible.

I write. That's what I do. So writing a book was the natural progression for me. More recently, the contents of my own mental journal made its way onto the pages of what some are depicting as a tell-all. But to "tell-all" is not the point of this book that I have written.

Now, people may wonder why I chose to divulge certain information, in particular, my "sexual relations" (read it like they said it in the Nutty Professor). And I don't want the mentions of any artist's name to overshadow the purpose of this book. Names that purposely did not get any play on the cover, the back cover, the jacket copy, or the inside flap. So as a reader, when you walk into a book store and pick up this book, you won't know about the names on the inside until you actually read it. So you're so curious as to why those names were discussed at all? Well, it's pretty easy to figure out if you get the point of the book. But there are still those who just don't get it.

MORE STORY AT SOHH

Get Your COPY AT AMAZON

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home