Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Akon talks Hip Hop Harmony, Kanye And Michael Jackson


There is an undeniable trend in rap that has emcees trading their 16's for some crooning. Akon has noticed and feels he is responsible for that trend.

"As an artist, depending on who you are, you should never be in a situation where you feel threatened by another artist," he told MTV in a recent interview. "If anything, I embrace the fact that they're doing it. Music changes every year. I'm just happy [about] the fact that people are jumping on what we're already doing. I look at it like a tribute to what we're already doing, and I look at it like a compliment, really."

"I say 'you're welcome' every time I hear [rappers singing]...A melody has a way of describing [words], 'cause of the emotions that come with melody. Melody brings it out better than a bland vocal. It's easier to relate."


Check Out Full Article @ Hip-Hop DX

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home